Friday, 14 December 2012
CASUAL LABOUR HUNGER FAST
IN FRONT OF DAK BHAWAN
ALL INDIA CASUAL, PART TIME , CONTINGENT AND CONTRACT WORKERS FEDERATION HAS DECIDED TO CONDUCT ONE DAY MASS HUNGER FAST IN FRONT OF DAK BHAWAN, NEW DELHI ON 19th DECEMBER, 2012 DEMANDING IMMEDIATE REVISION OF WAGES WITH EFFECT FROM 1st JANUARY, 2006 AND REGULARIZATION .
Wednesday, 12 December 2012
POSTAL & RMS EMPLOYEES INCLUDING GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS HAVE UPHELD THE INSPIRING TRADITION OF COM. BABU TARAPADA, DADA GHOSH, K.G.BOSE, N. J. IYER, K.ADINARAYANA AND MANY OTHER LEADERS WHO SACRIFICED THEIR LIFE FOR THE UNITY AND ADVANCEMENT OF POSTAL & RMS EMPLOYEES & OTHER CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES. LONG LIVE NFPE! LONG LIVE CONFEDERATION!!
WE HAVE PROVED THAT NFPE ALONE CAN PARALYSE THE POSTAL & RMS SERVICES INCLUDING BRANCH POST OFFICES.
RED SALUTE COMRADES! RED SALUTE!!
STRIKE COMPLETE IN INCOME TAX, ABOVE 70-80% STRIKE IN MORE THAN 60 CENTRAL GOVT. DEPARTMENTS INCLUDING AUDIT & ACCOUNTS, PRINTING & STATIONARY, GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA, CUSTOMS & CENTRAL EXCISE, INDIAN BUREAU OF MINES, CGHS, GROUND WATER BOARD, CPWD, CENSUS, ATOMIC ENERGY, DEFENCE ACCOUNTS, ISRO ETC
PREPARE FOR INDEFINITE STRIKE
IF 15 POINT CHARTER OF DEMANDS INCLUDING APPOINTMENT OF SEVENTH PAY COMMISSION, DA MERGER, SCRAPING OF CONTRIBUTORY PENSION SCHEME/PFRDA BILL, GDS DEMANDS, FILLING UP OF VACANCIES, COMPASSIONATE APPOINTMENTS ARE NOT SETTLED
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
12 - 12 - 12
STRIKE! STRIKE!! STRIKE !!!
12TH DECEMBER 2012 - ALL INDIA CENTRAL
GOVT. EMPLOYEES STRIKE
13 lakhs Employees unitedly demand the Central Government to
CHANGE THE POLICIES
“WORKERS ARE NOT BEGGARS”
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO STOP PRICE RISE AND EROSION IN REAL WAGES.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT 7TH PAY COMMISSION AND FIVE YEAR WAGE
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT MERGER OF DA WITH PAY.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT REMOVAL OF RETROGRADE CONDITIONS ON
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO FILL UP ALL VACANT POSTS.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT THE GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS TO BE TREATED AS
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO END DISCRIMINATION TOWARDS GDS AND
EXTENSION OF ALL BENEFITS AT PAR WITH REGULAR
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT THE REVISION OF WAGES OF CASUAL
LABOURERS AND REGULARISATION.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO SCRAP PFRDA BILL AND NEW PENSION
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO STOP DOWNSIZING, OUT SOURCING,
CONTRACTORISATION, CORPORATISATION AND PRIVATISATION.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO REVIVE THE JCM FORUMS AND SETTLE
ANOMALIES INCLUDING MACP ANOMALY.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO IMPLEMENT ARBITRATION AWARDS.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT FIVE PROMOTIONS.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT REVISION OF OTA RATES AND NIGHT DUTY
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT ELIGIBLE PRODUCTIVITY LINKED BONUS FOR ALL.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT “RIGHT TO STRIKE” AS A LEGAL RIGHT
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO STOP TRADE UNION VICTIMIZATIONS.
STRIKE - TO CHANGE THE POLICY OF THE GOVERNMENT
STRIKE- TO ENSURE JOB SECURITY AND NEED BASED MINIMUM WAGE STRIKE- TO PROTECT CENTRAL SERVICES INCLUDING POSTAL
LET US STRIKE UNITEDLY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW
NFPE ZINDABAD! CONFEDERATION ZINDABAD!!
WORKING CLASS UNITY ZINDABAD!!!
“Organise if you want real living wages,
Organise if you want to have your working hours reduced,
Organise if you desire better treatment from you superior officers,
Organise if you want that the authorities should consult and consider your
opinion in all administrative measures affecting you”.
- Babu Tarapada Mukherjee, 1921 Lahore Speech
“We must therefore, determine to have our pay increased and working hours reduced. We must fight and fight and fight strenuously to secure what alone can make life worth living. We must make up our minds whether we shall continue to live as human cattle or “take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them”.
- Babu Tarapa Mukherjee, 1921 Lahore Speech
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU ON 1946 P&T STRIKE
“We have a very big gap between the cost of living and wages, and it is that gap which causes hunger and distress and ultimately strike. The point is that all over India there is that gap today and unless that gap is bridged, there will be industrial troubles. These can be bridged either by lowering the prices or by raising the wages. I see today vast fortunes accumulated in the hands of a few. On the other hand, the vast number of people are being faced with a heavy burden of prices. How are we to meet this question of strike? It is not possible or desirable to use the powers of the state (Govt.) against the strike”.
(Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru -Address to the Associated chamber of India in Kolkata on 12-12-1946).
“UNITY FOR STRUGGLE & STRUGGLE FOR UNITY”
“When the living conditions of the employees have been made critical by the accentuating economic crisis and the Govt’s persistent efforts to make the employees bear the burden of such crisis, when the discontentment among the employees are generating due to Govt’s refusal to come to the succor of the employees in such a critical living condition and when this discontentment is on the point of bursting out on surface particularly centering around the issue of Pay Commission - a great urge for unity among the employees and workers is being increasingly found manifest. The urge being found expression whenever call for united mass actions have been initiated in recent times to defend the living conditions and democratic rights of the workers and employees. Struggle for building up unity at the grass roots level, which can alone can ensure success at our struggles for higher wages for better living conditions and for democratic rights, is the key-task today”.- K.G.Bose - 1973 - Article.
12.12.12 STRIKE - PRESS STATEMENT BY CONFEDERATION
CONFEDERATION RELEASES PRESS STATEMENT TODAY ON 12.12.12 STRIKE
STATE COMMITTEES AND ORGANISATIONS AT ALL LEVELS ARE REQUESTED TO ISSUE SIMILAR PRESS RELEASES TO LOCAL PRESS
USE ALL MEDIA POWER TO HIGHLIGHT OUR DEMANDS AND STRIKE
MOBILIZE IN FULL SWING FOR TOTAL SUCCESS OF TOMORROW'S STRIKE
CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS
A/2/95 Rajouri Garden
New Delhi. 110 027.
Website: confederationhq. Blogspot.com.
Dated: 11th December, 2012
About a million Central Government employees will take part in the one day token strike tomorrow, the 12th December, 2012. The employees organisations in the Postal, Income-tax, Audit and Accounts, Printing and Stationery, Geological Survey of India, Survey of India, Customs, Central Excise, Indian Bureau of Mines, CGHS, Ground Water Board, Central Water Commission, Central Public Works, Census, Atomic Energy Commission, Defence Accounts, Indian Space Research Organisation, Andaman Nicobar and Pondicherry Administration, Medical Stores depot and many other Public Utility Departments of the Government of India have confirmed their participation in the strike action. The strike is organised by the apex level Confederation of Central Govt. employees and workers, New Delhi on the basis of the strike notice served on 19.11.2012 for a settlement of the 15 Point charter of demands (copy enclosed)
The Central Government employees throughout the country are agitated over the Government's fresh move to enact the PFRDA Bill in this session of the Parliament. It is surprising that even after the uncontested findings of the Committee set up by the Government that the new Contributory Pension Scheme will only increase financial outflow for the Government and the beneficiaries also stand to lose heavily on account of it, the Government has chosen to go ahead with the New Scheme. The recent decision of the Government to allow FDI in pension sector will only further help the transnational corporation to access to the hard earned savings of the Indian Common people to maximise their profit.
Apart from scrapping the New Pension scheme, the employees are demanding the setting up of the 7th Central Pay Commission for wage revision, reintroduction of the Universal Public Distribution system stoppage of outsourcing of Governmental functions, contractorisation, privatisation etc. regularisation of Grameen Dak Sewaks, contingent, casual and daily rated workers, lifting the ban on creation of posts, filling up the vacant posts revival of the negotiating forum, JCM etc.
Due to the breakdown of the negotiating machinery, there had been no dialogue between the Government and the employees for the past several years. The employees are extremely critical of the attitude of the Government using the sovereignty of the Parliament to reject the award given in favour of the workers by the Board of Arbitration which is not only contrary to the terms of arbitration but unethical too. The continuing vindictive attitude of the C& AG administration against the employees and union functionaries for normal and peaceful trade union activities is highly deplorable.
If the Government refuses to take note of the resentment and initiate steps to bring about settlement, the agitation is bound to escalate in the form of indefinite strike action encompassing even other section of the employees.
To the Chief Reporters/Editors for favour of publication in your esteemed New paper.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Revise the wages of the Central Government employees including Gramin Dak Sewaks with effect from 1.1.2011 and every five years thereafter by setting up the 7th CPC.
2. Merge DA with pay for all purposes with effect from. 1.1.2011 including for Gramin Dak Sewaks.
3. Remove restriction imposed on compassionate appointments and the discrimination on such appointments between the Railway workers and other Central Govt. employees.
4. (a) Departmentalise all Grameen Dak Sewaks and grant them all benefits of regular employees; End Bonus discrimination and enhance bonus ceiling to 3500/-; withdraw open market recruitment in Postman / MTS cadre; Revise cash handling norms; Grant full protection of TRCA; Grant Time Bound Promotion and Medical Reimbursement facility etc,
(b) Regularise the daily rated, contingent, casual workers and introduce a permanent scheme for periodical regularization. Pending regularization, provide them with pro-rata salary at 6th CPC rates.
5. (a) Revive the functioning of the JCM. Convene the meeting of the Departmental Councils in all Ministries/Departments. Settle the anomalies raised in the National Anomaly Committee as also in the Departmental Anomaly Committees. Hold National Council meetings as specified in the JCM constitution. (b) Remove the anomalies in the MACP Scheme.(c) Grant recognition to all Associations/Federations, which have complied with the formalities and conditions stipulated in the CCS(RSA) Rules.
6. Fill up all vacant posts and creates posts n functional requirements.
7. Stop downsizing outsourcing, contractorization, corporatization and privatisation of Governmental functions.
8.Stop price rise; strengthen the PDS.
9. (a) Stop the proposal to introduce the productivity linked wage system; (b) discard the performance related pay structure; (c) introduce PLB in all Departments; (d) remove the ceiling on emoluments for bonus computation.
10. Revise the OTA, Night duty allowance and clothing rates.
11. Implement all arbitration awards;
12. Make the right to strike a legal and fundamental right of the Government employees on par with the other section of the working class.
13. Grant Five promotions to all employees as is provided for in the case of Group A services.
14. (a) Withdraw the PFRDA Bill. (b) Rescind the decision to allow FDI in pension sector;(c) Scrap the new contributory pension scheme (d) Extend the existing statutory defined pension scheme to all Central Govt. employees irrespective of their date of entry in Government service.
15. Vacate all Trade Union victimisation, and more specifically in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department